The Youth for Change (YOC) is a “for-purpose” organization that harnesses the creativity of Liberians to make their power-holders accountable. YOC supports educational projects with a focus on youth and sustainability.
YOC is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit making social organization which seeks to inculcate in the youth and those charged with knowledge the values of education in all its forms to ensure a better improved quality of life for all people.
· We exist to equip, mentor, and empower youth for leadership
· Building a new generation of active youth through transformative practical education.
The YOC aims to achieve this through:
· Provide the platform for equal access to quality education for all youth
· Afford access to learning opportunities/scholarship in and out of Liberia for youth
· Build new leaders through solution-based approaches with youth
· Develop value-based leadership through public speaking
· Transform youth with principles of nation building
The structure of YOC comprises a Council and a Secretariat. YOC’s Secretariat is based in Monrovia and currently has 8 full-time employees to implement the policies, strategies and programs of the YOC. The Secretariat has three units: Finance, Operations and Administration.
YOC has the administrative, managerial, technical skills and autonomy to channel financial and technical assistance and grants to the key areas in the management of projects in the communities.